Thursday, April 19, 2012

Devil's Claw - Ibicella lutea , Proboscidea parviflora


Long time ago, I got brought devil’s claw seeds from a friend, but, I failed to grow them.

On mid of January 2012, the friend drop me a PM and ask whether I want devil’s claw. Answer from me : I want!!!! May I know how much? She said : Free of charge!!! What a good friend is this!!!! Against, thanks… I got 3 species (each 5seeds) from the nice friend [I]Ibicella lutea , Proboscidea parviflora and P. louisiana[/I]

On beginning of February 2012. I sowed them. Im only successfully grow Ibicella lutea , Proboscidea parviflora to adult size. Now, both of them are flowering!!!!


Proboscidea parviflora

Proboscidea parviflora

Proboscidea parviflora














Ibicella lutea
Ibicella lutea

Ibicella lutea
















Seed pod of Proboscidea parviflora as at 6April 2012

















Seed pod of Proboscidea parviflora as at 12April 2012




I successfully pollinate Proboscidea parviflora, but not Ibicella lutea. At my house, I have 2 Ibicella lutea. I cross pollinate them also failed. Any suggestion on this? At my house, left few flower left for me to pollinate them. Help urgently needed.

Thanks in advance


No comments:

Post a Comment